Monumental is seeking a highly-skilled and passionate engineer to join the platform development efforts on our Crowfall MMO. This role will involve microservice architecture, implementation, testing and support. Additional responsibilities include operations, networking, security, performance tuning and more.
Monumental is an independent game development studio based in Austin, Texas. We are self-funded, and use our endless creative freedom to explore new ways to play. We take smart risks.
We experiment and adapt continuously to create new experiences to delight our audiences. We learn quickly.
We play well together in a creative, entrepreneurial environment, and help each other achieve our big dreams. We share.
About this Role
As a Senior Software Platform Engineer, you will…
- Architect and implement high-performance MMO backend microservices
- Work with production to assist in project planning and story management
- Review code and mentor other engineers to ensure code quality and efficiency
- Troubleshoot and diagnose complex distributed multi service issues
- Research new technologies to improve the tech stack
- Experience with scalable infrastructures
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems operating 24x7x365
- Strong architectural capability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive and cooperative attitude
- Strong C# skills
- Ability to write efficient, clear and maintainable code
- Experience with Websocket standards and implementations
- Experience with Message Queue standards and implementations
- Experience with Redis Caching standards and implementations
- Experience with Postgres or Oracle RDBMS
- Experience with Relational Data Modeling
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential, other languages a plus
- Previous experience in a games start-ups is a plus
- Previous MMO experience a plus
- Experience with Garbage Collection Performance Tuning
- Experience with CPU Profiling
- Experience with Distributed Load Test Systems
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with gRPC
- Experience with a minimum of 500 req/sec systems design
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Open paid time off policy
- Monumental is located in Austin, Texas; we are happy to relocate you here on our dime, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the United States
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the U.S. for Monumental, LLC
If this sounds interesting, please drop us a resume!
For more information, visit our website at http://www.monumental.io. Crowfall is available at http://www.crowfall.com.
Full Covid-19 vaccination is required to work in Monumental's Austin office.
Monumental LLC is an equal opportunity employer.