Monumental is looking for an exceptional Senior Animator. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of using Unity3D in the video games industry as an Animator and at least four years of overall game development experience.
Monumental is an independent game development studio based in Austin, Texas. We are self-funded, and use our endless creative freedom to explore new ways to play. We take smart risks.
We experiment and adapt continuously to create new experiences to delight our audiences. We learn quickly.
We play well together in a creative, entrepreneurial environment, and help each other achieve our big dreams. We share.
About this Role
As a Senior Animator, you will…
- Animate characters and creatures using hand-key animation
- Maintain and push the quality of animation
- Take ownership of the animation pipeline
- Maintain animation tools and pipelines
- Be responsible for exporting and maintaining avatar and character prefabs in the engine
- Skin & rig new assets as needed
- Work with designers and engineers to ensure design and project needs are met
- Provide estimates and help track the animation workload
- Collaborate with all departments to maintain the look and feel of the project
- Proficiency in Max
- Proficiency in Unity3D
- Ability to create high-quality animations for biped and quadruped characters
- Solid understanding of animation principles, timing, and so on
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of the organization
- Strong technical art skills as they relate to particle effects
- 4 years+ experience as an Animator for games
- Understanding of action combat games and the animation challenges in the genre
- Passion for MMOs and competitive games
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Open paid time off policy
- Monumental is located in Austin, Texas; we are happy to relocate you here on our dime, or you may work remotely
- Candidates must be legally able to work for Monumental, LLC, a U.S.-based company
If this sounds interesting, please drop us a resume!
For more information, visit our website at http://www.monumental.io.
Full Covid-19 vaccination is required to work in Monumental's Austin office.
Monumental LLC is an equal opportunity employer.