Monumental is looking for an ambitious, organized, and dedicated Senior Project Manager for immediate full-time hire to join our Crowfall MMO game development team. The ideal candidate will have at least five years experience managing projects on teams with 40+ team members.
Monumental is an independent game development studio based in Austin, Texas. We are self-funded, and use our endless creative freedom to explore new ways to play. We take smart risks.
We experiment and adapt continuously to create new experiences to delight our audiences. We learn quickly.
We play well together in a creative, entrepreneurial environment, and help each other achieve our big dreams. We share.
About this Role
As the Senior Project Manager, you will…
- Oversee project management for the Crowfall game and service. You have overall ownership of the project management systems and processes within the organization
- Create and keep up to date the tasks and schedules needed to organize all aspects of the team
- Anticipate problems, provide solutions and suggestions for workflow, tool improvements, or process changes
- Understand the “big picture” of game development to get ahead of potential problems
- Collaborate with production and other team leads for milestone and sprint planning meetings
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a functional Project Management role, managing software development projects
- Proficient using Jira and Google Sheets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
- Track record of achieving milestones and maintaining momentum
- High level of personal and professional accountability and excellent cross-disciplinary communications experience between engineering, production, design, art, and QA resulting in achieving common team goals and objectives
- Production-minded and practices practical problem solving to deliver with quality under time and resource constraints, along with the ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, rapidly adapts to changing circumstances
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential, other languages a plus
- Scrum Master certification and hands-on knowledge of Scrum best practices
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience building cloud-based software products
- Preference given to those with experience in a tech discipline
- Preference given to those with game development experience
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Open paid time off policy
- Monumental is located in Austin, Texas; we are happy to relocate you here on our dime, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the United States
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the U.S. for Monumental, LLC
If this sounds interesting, please drop us a resume!
For more information, visit our website at http://www.monumental.io. Crowfall is available at http://www.crowfall.com.
Full Covid-19 vaccination is required to work in Monumental's Austin office.
Monumental LLC is an equal opportunity employer.