Monumental is looking for an exceptional Senior UI Artist. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience creating UI in a major video game engine and at least four years of overall game development experience.
Monumental is an independent game development studio based in Austin, Texas. We are self-funded, and use our endless creative freedom to explore new ways to play. We take smart risks.
We experiment and adapt continuously to create new experiences to delight our audiences. We learn quickly.
We play well together in a creative, entrepreneurial environment, and help each other achieve our big dreams. We share.
About this Role
As the UI Artist, you will…
- Design, iterate, and implement UI for a live MMORPG that is intuitive, flexible, and efficient for game performance.
- Collaborate with Game Designers to ensure that UI meets the game's needs.
- Create documentation for and work closely with Engineers to ensure that UI is implemented correctly.
- Work within a set style guide to maintain visual consistency throughout the project that aligns with our game’s style and themes.
- Identify essential needs and gaps in current designs and provide creative solutions.
- Create icons and utilize clear visual language that enhances messaging in the game.
- Deliver work within fast-paced project milestones in alignment with our overall project’s priorities.
- Review the game’s current UI and identify opportunities for improvements and polish.
- Investigate and fix UI bugs that can be solved within the prefabs and pass tickets to engineers when the bugs are caused by tech.
- Create performance-minded animations in the UI
- 2+ years of experience as a UI Artist
- 4+ years experience in the video game industry.
- Expertise with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience setting up UI assets inside of a game engine.
- Creative and artistic nature with strong graphic design skills and color theory knowledge.
- The ability to empathize with the player and create a user-centric experience.
- Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to improve workflows between team members.
- Experience creating UI prefabs in Unity.
- Experience creating interactive prototypes with Figma, Adobe XD, or related software.
- Experience with UI Animation, especially tween systems.
- Strong drawing and illustration skills.
- Technical artist skills.
- A 3D or VFX background.
- Passion for MMOs and competitive games.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation.
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage.
- Unlimited paid time off policy.
- Monumental is located in Austin, Texas; we are happy to relocate you here on our dime, or you may work remotely
- Candidates must be legally able to work for Monumental, LLC, a U.S.-based company
If this sounds interesting, please drop us a resume!
Full Covid-19 vaccination is required to work in Monumental's Austin office.
Monumental LLC is an equal opportunity employer.