Monumental is seeking a highly skilled and passionate engineer to contribute to server-side development efforts in our CCG division. This role will involve server implementation, analysis, networking, security, performance tuning and more.
Monumental is an independent game development studio based in Austin, Texas. We are self-funded, and use our endless creative freedom to explore new ways to play. We take smart risks.
We experiment and adapt continuously to create new experiences to delight our audiences. We learn quickly.
We play well together in a creative, entrepreneurial environment, and help each other achieve our big dreams. We share.
About this Role
As the Senior Server Software Engineer, you will...
- Help lead the engineering team towards better architectural, system and database designs & practices
- Design and migrate existing backend services to a containerized, microservice-based architecture
- Author new services with a focus on re-use across multiple titles
- Analyze and optimize server performance including load and scale testing
- Troubleshoot and diagnose complex issues in a highly-distributed system
- Work with Dev Ops to maintain/optimize our cloud infrastructure
- 7+ years professional software engineering experience
- Experience building cloud infrastructures in GCP, AWS or Azure (GCP preferred)
- Experience building containerized applications using Kubernetes/Docker
- Strong understanding of .Net Core and C#
- Proficient in technologies common to networked APIs including REST, JSON, gRPC, protobuf and OpenAPI
- Highly proficient in Git
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Has shipped and supported large-scale/distributed applications
- Experience with Linux-based infrastructure, Windows is a plus
- Familiar with CI/CD concepts and experience in associated services such as Jenkins and GitHub Actions
- Has built and shipped backend services for live games
- Experience with a service mesh and/or distributed application framework like Istio, Linkerd and/or Dapr
- Experience with the following a huge plus: Postgres, Redis, Kafka, Nginx
- Fundamental knowledge of networking, storage, and comput
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Open paid time off policy
- Monumental is located in Austin, Texas; we are happy to relocate you here on our dime, or you may work remotely
- Candidates must be legally able to work for Monumental, LLC, a U.S.-based company
If this sounds interesting, please drop us a resume!
For more information, visit our website at http://www.monumental.io.
Full Covid-19 vaccination is required to work in Monumental's Austin office.
Monumental LLC is an equal opportunity employer.