Monumental is looking for a Community Manager to join our team. Represent the game team to the community, including game updates, troubleshooting issues, and communicating with gamers directly. You'll be our public-facing representative and the voice of our players. We're looking for a Dev Team Community Manager (not marketing/social media manager).
Monumental is an independent game development studio based in Austin, Texas. We are self-funded, and use our endless creative freedom to explore new ways to play. We take smart risks.
We experiment and adapt continuously to create new experiences to delight our audiences. We learn quickly.
We play well together in a creative, entrepreneurial environment, and help each other achieve our big dreams. We share.
About this Role
Desired Skills and Experience
- Collaborate with product teams to communicate game changes and enhancements to players, and bring feedback from the players to the product team
- Collect player feedback on issues, hot topics, and bugs, and report them to the development team in daily meetings & reports
- Collaborate with a team of creatives to edit, capture, and distribute their messages to players via dev blogs, short-form video content, or direct engagement via social media or live streams
- Promote product milestones and live ops events to players
- Coordinate with customer support teams to ensure positive player experiences and work on any communication plans with them when needed
- Ability to speak & write fluently in English. Please note any other languages you speak or write & your level of proficiency on your resume
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working on a live game, preferably with time spent being active in the game community
- Experience working with external consumers and internal development teams on at least 2 projects
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting
- Organizational skills - including the ability to self-motivate and manage your time effectively
- CCG (Collectible Card Game) community experience
- Experience creating assets for a community (ie. streaming, video, gifs, or photoshopped images)
- Active membership in a mobile gaming community
- Streaming experience
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Monumental is located in Austin, Texas; we are happy to relocate you here on our dime, or you may work remotely
- Candidates must be legally able to work for Monumental, LLC, a U.S.-based company
If this sounds interesting, please drop us a resume!
Full Covid-19 vaccination is required to work in Monumental's Austin office.
Monumental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.