Monumental is looking for an exceptional Senior Animator for our new MMO IP. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of using Unity3D in the video games industry and shipped at least one title as an Animator and have a minimum of four years of overall game development experience.
Monumental is an independent game development studio based in Austin, Texas. We are self-funded, and use our endless creative freedom to explore new ways to play. We take smart risks.
We experiment and adapt continuously to create new experiences to delight our audiences. We learn quickly.
We play well together in a creative, entrepreneurial environment, and help each other achieve our big dreams. We share.
About this Role
As a Senior Technical Animator, you will…
- Animate characters and creatures using hand-key animation
- Maintain and push the quality of animation
- Take ownership of the animation pipeline
- Maintain animation tools and pipelines
- Rig and Skin
- Provide estimates and help track the animation workload
- Collaborate with all departments to maintain the look and feel of the project
- Work with the Concept, Design, and Art team to collaboratively bring characters to life
- Define how elements within projects will interact, build, transition and function from the concept stage to final implementation
- Create and maintain clear technical documentation for the tools and pipelines
- Support the modeling and animation teams by advising on topology & deformation, maintaining rigs and pipelines, troubleshooting, and implementing desired functionality
- R&D new technology the game might require in Maya and Unity
- Maximize aesthetic quality while respecting and enforcing project performance constraints
- Explore, document, promote, and integrate cutting-edge processes and techniques to help keep studio animation quality competitive
- Mentor and train junior tech animators and animators
- Seek ways to improve and streamline art pipelines, drive quality, and improve team efficiency
- 4 years+ experience as an Animator for games
- Excellent knowledge of Maya
- Proficiency in Unity3D
- Ability to create high-quality animations for biped and quadruped characters
- Solid understanding of advanced animation principles and techniques
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of the organization
- Strong technical art skills as they relate to particle effects
- Knowledge of C++ or C#
- Experience writing Maya plug-ins
- Scripting / tool creation experience with Python / Mel
- Strong knowledge of facial rigging and deformation
- Creative attitude toward problem-solving
- Understanding of action combat games and the animation challenges in the genre
- Passion for MMOs and competitive games
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Open paid time off policy
- Monumental is located in Austin, Texas; we are happy to relocate you here on our dime, or you may work remotely
- Candidates must be legally able to work for Monumental, LLC, a U.S.-based company
If this sounds interesting, please drop us a resume!
For more information, visit our website at http://www.monumental.io.
Full Covid-19 vaccination is required to work in Monumental's Austin office.
Monumental LLC is an equal opportunity employer.