Monumental is looking for a Senior Tech Artist. The ideal candidate will have at least four years using Unity3D in the video games industry as a tech artist, and at least six years overall game development experience.
Monumental is an independent game development studio based in Austin, Texas. We are self-funded, and use our endless creative freedom to explore new ways to play. We take smart risks.
We experiment and adapt continuously to create new experiences to delight our audiences. We learn quickly.
We play well together in a creative, entrepreneurial environment, and help each other achieve our big dreams. We share.
About this Role
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will…
- Develop powerful and efficient workflows for the Art team
- Create new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality
- Help improve and refine shader, texture, lighting quality
- Research and help develop new technologies
- Identify and fix pipeline issues
- Analyze and improve art asset inefficiencies to optimize performance
- Act as a liaison between the Engineering and Art departments
- Assist with solving daily production challenges
- Research technologies around 3d character and animation pipelines
- Work with the Directors, building tools to support a robust character art pipeline
- Work with the procedural presentation team on in-game implementation, you will be iterate on and polish the VFX, UI and animation systems
- Identify the needs around personnel and content resources based on initial prototyping and execution of the character art and animation pipelines
- Write FX scripts and custom FX shaders as necessary
- 6+ years of experience, with a shipped title, with a focus on 3D character and animation pipelines
- 4+ years of experience working with the Unity 3D engine
- Experience with modern real-time engines and their constraints
- Complete understanding of game workflows and pipelines
- Knowledge of Maya, Blender, and other standard DCC software packages
- Unity scripting experience
- A portfolio reflecting high-quality game art, scripted tools, and shaders
- Shader authoring skills (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX)
- Experienced in project tracking software such as: Atlassian Confluence, Jira software, Perforce or similar tools
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Open paid time off policy
- Monumental is located in Austin, Texas; we are happy to relocate you here on our dime, or you may work remotely
- Candidates must be legally able to work for Monumental, LLC, a U.S.-based company
If this sounds interesting, please drop us a resume!
For more information, visit our website at http://www.monumental.io.
Full Covid-19 vaccination is required to work in Monumental's Austin office.
Monumental LLC is an equal opportunity employer.